Sunday, October 01, 2006


The point of this thing was not to simply blather on and on about ME, or about the pets, but to document the OHIO-ness of the experience. I have lived in a number of places, and there are features unique to each place. This is my first foray into (what I consider) suburban living. Our neighborhood fits into the category I would identify as a "subdivision". I used to sit in the garage, smoke cigarettes, and marvel at how there is no sky between the houses. It's no big deal, I just haven't lived in one of these neighborhoods before...and now I don't smoke.












The term "drive-thru" has an entirely new meaning here than the one to which I was accustomed. Before, I thought of a drive-thru as a business of some kind with a drive-up window for quick service. Here, employee be damned. We have managed to bring the outside inside, cars and all, for the convenience of the beer-guzzling, cigarette-smoking, lottery-playing customer who is in such a hurry that he couldn't be bothered to get out of his car.















These things are everywhere. I can think of five of them that I could visit from home in under ten minutes. There may be more. The sign by the road in front of this one says it all:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home