Friday, March 06, 2009

41 degrees! Thursday, March 5 2009




Took my best boy for our regular neighborhood walk and saw the following:

LOOK! I had been keeping an eye out for just this kind of sign!


More!



There is a little old lady in the neighborhood whose front lawn is my harbinger of SPRING. she told me that she and her husband went to Lowe's years ago, bought a whole cartload of daffodil bulbs, and planted them in their front yard. They have since added others--crocus, hyacinth, tulips...



It won't be long until the whole lawn is abloom! Today it's even warmer. I imagine the sounds of the emerging flowers, pushing their way towards the light! Buster just wants to sniff things, and they're more fragrant when they're not frozen.






This made me think of my father:





This is a food item that was always found in my stepmother's pantry, but never in my mother's.

This partial corncob looks autumny, leftover:



Howl away, March wind!
Blow out winter's stale remnants-
New life emerges!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice pics. Plus, really like your haiku!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home