Saturday, December 30, 2006

There is a landmark, highly visible from I-75 between Cincinnati and Dayton, that I find disturbing... as opposed to inspirational... We call it "Touchdown Jesus" or "Drowning Jesus", but a friend visiting from out of town recently referred to it as "Half-a-Jesus". I worked a catering job in Glendale a few months ago, and one of the women I worked with called the thing "Butter Jesus". Apparently the roadside attraction has inspired a musical artist:


www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq01UYiMyHg

Here are some nice pictures:

www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/OHMONjesus.html

I don't know why, but I had been operating under the assumption that this thing was generally accepted as normal.

Buster tagged me to list things I want and don't want for Christmas, knowing full well that my blogging habits don't conform to that sort of time frame. Or maybe not... he is, after all, a little dog. Here they are, in plenty of time for Christmas, 2007:

Three things I want for Christmas:
1. Continued good health for me and my loved ones
2. US out of Iraq
3. Signs of ecological improvement

Three things I don't want for Christmas:
1. Another cat
2. Diamond solitaire anything
3. Another year of George Bush

But really now, why wait for Christmas?

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary said...

A friend of mine is a Preacher at a church off of that exit. He states that its easy telling people how to find his church. He tells them to Get off I75 at the exit just south of Touchdown Jesus and turn right at the Hustler.

9:46 PM  
Blogger lucimay said...

how come no diamond solitare anything? have ya lost yer mind woman?

get the jewels i say!!

i like the Big Butter Jebus song!

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home